How many tattoos does Rihanna have? — Nineteen! | Fashionista101

How many tattoos does Rihanna have? — Nineteen!

37 Comments

***Post originally created on June 21, 2008.

Well, it only took me a few minutes to find what I needed, but I was busy with another post so this had to wait.

I’ve come to find out that the Bajan beauty has approximately 10 11 12 13 14 tattoos! It sounds like a lot, maybe even way too many, but Rihanna‘s good for placing them in spots that aren’t so “out there”. Though they’re not as noticeable, I still think she’s obsessed, and she’s even admitted it!

“I like hanging out in tattoo shops,” Rihanna has said. “I am so intrigued by tattoos. It’s an entire culture, and I study it. Sometimes I go with friends, or just by myself. I get bum-rushed, but I don’t care. I don’t take security.”

Back in September ['07], Rihanna told Atlanta Peach Magazine,

“I have four tattoos. The one on my ankle is a music note. There’s a Pisces sign behind my right ear. There’s a star in my left ear, and a Sanskrit prayer going down my hip.”

Since then, Rihanna has gotten even more tatted up. So, how many tattoos does Rihanna have? Here’s the full list that I’ve concocted…

:: F101 *official* List of Rihanna’s Tattoos ::
1. music note on her ankle [since 2006]
2. pisces sign behind her right ear [since '06]
3. Sanskrit prayer going down her hip [since '07]
4. a star in her left ear ['07]
5. the word ‘love’ on her left middle finger ['08]
6. an Arabic phrase on her ribcage area, meaning ‘Freedom in God’ ['08]
7. a trail of stars going down her back ['08]

* The trail of stars on her back and her henna-style dragon claw on her hand are were symbolic for her relationship with Chris Brown. He has the same ones.

8. a cute skull with a pink hair bow ['08]
9. the phrase ‘shhh…’ on her right index finger [June '08]
10the date ’4.11.1986′ on top of her left shoulder [June '08]
11. a henna-style dragon claw, complete with Hawaiian hibiscus flowers [November '08]
12a handgun, which Rihanna got during the midst of all the abuse stories and rumors about her relationship drama with former boyfriend Chris Brown [March '09]
13“Never a failure, always a lesson” motto in mirror writing [December '09]
14“rebelle fleur” which means “rebellious flower” in french [August 2010]
15. ‘Thug Life’ knuckle tattoo [January 2012]
16. Cross tattoo… on her collar bone [March 2012]
17. Another Arabic tattoo. This one meaning ‘Lover,’ is along the top of her butt and left hip. [March 2012]
18. Falcon tattoo… on her ankle [June 2012]

Rihanna tweeted this tidbit of information: “Falcon: a light that shines in the darkness! Never close their eyes during sleep,” alongside a close up pic of the tat, which we’re assuming means she’s always having to watch her back.

19. Goddess Isis tattoo… under her breasts/along her midriff [September 2012]

Rihanna tweeted that the tattoo is a tribute to her grandmother: “Goddess Isis- Complete Woman – Model for future generations- #GRANGRANDOLLY – always in and on my heart #1lo.”

Around the Web

37 Comments on "How many tattoos does Rihanna have? — Nineteen!"

• cassogirl on 21.06.2008 at 6:15 pm:

you’re missing two tht i know of. email me or send me your email and ill forward you the pics

• Shanteé on 21.06.2008 at 7:50 pm:

look where the arrows are pointing.

5. the word ‘love’ on her left middle finger ['08]

8. the phrase “shhh” on her right index finger [June '08]

…2 totally different things.

• rihanna's#1fan on 21.06.2008 at 7:34 pm:

really its only 8 cuz u posted the same tat twice -#5 and #8 are the same

• rrf fan on 21.06.2008 at 11:20 pm:

she also has one on her rib cage area and a skull with a pink bow on its head on the back of her left ankle.

theres a really good pic on rihannadaily.com but they’re down. you can see it a little here:

• Shanteé on 22.06.2008 at 12:39 am:

thanx…found a better pic for the skull. i updated the post.

• Nicole on 23.06.2008 at 11:10 am:

Its arabic writing on her rib, I seen 2 pics.

• KSH on 17.07.2008 at 8:41 am:

I usually don’t like a lot of tats but she has mastered the art of getting them small and so discretely. As long as she does do something big and horrendous she is cool. They look good to me. I would get them but I am an office manager. She is an entertainer so more power to her.

• amber on 18.07.2008 at 2:59 am:

to writing on her ribcage means ‘freedom in god’ in arabic

• JJ on 13.08.2008 at 6:50 am:

Actually the writing on her ribcage translates to Freedom in Jesus. The last word translates to Messiah or Christ, which in turn is widely used as the common arabic name for Jesus.

• BumbleBee on 26.09.2008 at 7:27 am:

what does the writing going up her hip say?

• Tt on 16.11.2008 at 5:36 pm:

make that 12 tats. i believe she has a new on on her hand. i saw it on media take out. com here is the link http://www.mediatakeout.com/2008/28051-first_pics_of_rihanna_post_collapse__she_looks_ok__and_she_has_a_new_tattoo_.html

• nae on 09.01.2009 at 7:38 am:

she has a light big dagar/sword on the inside of her arm, on an old pic walking her dog

• Shanteé on 09.01.2009 at 7:42 am:

• caitie on 21.01.2009 at 12:02 pm:

u got the fingers muddles up…love is th right hand and shhh the left x

• Christy on 07.02.2009 at 8:43 am:

The roman numerals read 11(10+1).4(5-1).86(50+10+10+10+5+1)==>11.4.86…Idk when her birthday is, just reading the tatoo.

• Bailey on 25.02.2009 at 4:12 pm:

The roman numerals are the birthdate of her bestfriend/personal assistant Melissa, Melissa has Rihanna birthdate in roman numerals on her as well.

• Lee-Marie on 27.02.2009 at 2:06 pm:

THE TATTOO IS A TRADITIONAL TATTOO FROM MY MAORI PEOPLE OF NEW-ZEALAND IT REPRESENTS AROHA(LOVE) AND MANA(STRENGTH)IT IS IN NO WAY HENNA BUT LOOKS LIKE IT BECAUSE SHE GOT IT DONE ON HER WRIST WHICH IS AN UNCOMMON PLACE FOR A MAORI TATTOO BUT AN AWESOME IDEA I am Maori and I love this tat. I never would have thought of putting a Maori tat on the wrist but this is awesome and a very beautiful one at that and as for you stupid a$$ Maori’s who keep saying that other people shouldn’t wear our tattooing I mean come on you idiots it is no big deal and it is not Tapu (too sacred) for someone to have a Maori tat apart from a Moko so get over it! And for all of you saying that it is ugly, that is because you do not appreciate true and native art that symbolizes something more and deeper that has been created through out hundreds of years. Obviously she likes it because she understands tribal art and it’s importance, being native and islander herself. Very beautiful RiRi I love it!

• julie on 19.03.2009 at 3:12 pm:

i want her to get one on her boob/.

• jojo on 26.03.2009 at 1:11 am:

I THINK THEY LOOK GOOD JUST LEAVE HER ALONE!

• Sade on 27.05.2009 at 1:37 pm:

Actually if you count every single one!
    including all 3 guns its 15

• Zeny on 10.07.2009 at 11:22 pm:

they look nice!

• lole on 16.07.2009 at 1:35 pm:

te faltaron 2 mas! ella tiene una guitarra en el brazo y notas musicales en su pie derecho

• Liana on 10.12.2009 at 5:29 pm:

I reckon it’s a good way to express yourself and what your feeling at certain periods of your life. No doubt these r all important to her. Go Riri! I think mine are prettier though lol jokes

• Brittney on 08.01.2010 at 11:42 pm:

Don’t forget to add the new one!!! “Never a failure, always a lesson.”

• chrissie && alana on 13.06.2010 at 10:29 pm:

um y z th roman numerals n thea hua bday z th 11/4/88
    swt peace out

• erin gallagher the fan of her on 01.07.2010 at 7:53 am:

i love her tattoos she is really pretty

• r. on 06.07.2010 at 10:08 am:

rihanna has got 3 guns on her body…

• maggie on 12.08.2010 at 11:25 pm:

she has a new one, on her neck, that means rebellious flower

• Shantée on 14.08.2010 at 2:54 pm:

Thanks Maggie! I just updated it the other day.

• XIII-VII-XCIV on 08.01.2011 at 10:25 am:

HAVE ALL OF THEM ….. NO JOKE BY THA WAY !!

• Anonymous on 23.01.2011 at 2:23 am:

what about the tattoo on her arm? it sort of looks like a guitar or something

• Christopherson on 23.01.2011 at 2:25 am:

Eh what about the tattoo on her arm? It looks like a guitar or something.

• Shantée on 23.01.2011 at 9:54 pm:

@Christopherson: I answered someone’s question about this before: “That’s actually a guitar, but it’s not real. That was some time in early 2008 when she was trying out new tattoo ideas. It’s a stencil.”

• i hate tattoos on 28.04.2011 at 7:33 pm:

wats the point…..14 seriously omg thats retarded and rihanna whats the point of stupid tattoos a waste of money i guess thats the point i dont even remember them…do you? umm gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ne way also whos gunna see the ones that are like under your hair becuase thats when she had short hair she changes it every hour so its no like you can always see it i just think they are pathetic pointless and retarded kkkkkk byyeeeeee

• taz on 20.06.2011 at 9:51 pm:

Hii all I’m from kuwait
    I know what’s written on rihanna’s rib
    the arabic phase its maen freedom in Christ
    Alhorriya fe almassiah

• taz on 20.06.2011 at 9:56 pm:

R

• terry on 26.07.2011 at 7:36 pm:

“Freedom in Christ” is the exact arabic translation and NOT “Freedom is God”.