Fefe Dobson Performs At The Mercury Lounge | Fashionista101

Fefe Dobson Performs At The Mercury Lounge

7 Comments

So, last night my friend Shawna told me she had an invite to go see Fefe Dobson perform at the Mercury Lounge in NYC. Of course I got excited, but I had to decline BECAUSE IT WAS SOOOO LAST MINUTE! Anyways, I was glad enough to see that media photogs were allowed in, so we could at least see the pics.

The singer/songwriter has been on a 3-year hiatus after being dropped from her former label, Island Def Jam. I’m not much of a gossiper, but how ironic is it that Island Def Jam is the same record label that houses Rihanna — and some people (mostly nobodies) believe Rihanna stole Fefe’s “swagger”. Hmmm. Well. It is a possibility.

Fefe’s upcoming album, title Joy, will be released later this year. In the mean time check her out on Myspace and Twitter.

Around the Web

7 Comments on "Fefe Dobson Performs At The Mercury Lounge"

• happy on 12.08.2009 at 8:26 am:

As much as I’m glad Fefe is back (no I won’t buy her album but I will limewire whatever songs I end up liking- as I do for every artist) but I must co-sign with those “nobodies” you referenced in your post.

Rihanna DID steall Fefe’s style. It’s OBVIOUS! If you ever saw Fefe or listened to her music (check out her “everything” video or various other videos) you’ll see the similarities.

BUT! Rihanna made Fefe’s style sexier and made it her own. Which in my opinion is how it should be (*side eye to Ciara*) If you’re going to copy someone’s style, make it your own and make it better. Don’t just copy and swagger jack just for the sake of jacking cuz then you end up looking like a fool *passes another quick side-eye to ciara*

But yea, snaps to Fefe for coming back. And her new song and video are cute (I just wish that every video wasn’t in a high school…but i digress)

• Eren Sanchez on 12.08.2009 at 1:29 pm:

agreed with the person above!
    as much as I hate Rihanna, she looks good =)

• Kimone Lewis on 12.08.2009 at 5:21 pm:

Yes I’m of the nobodies that believe Rihanna stole Fefe’s image/sound/style even down to the star tattoo on Fefe’s neck. I’m so happy she is back!

• Mr. DETAIL on 12.08.2009 at 7:25 pm:

not rly wanting 2 get into the swagger jack discussion, but the way I heard it [in ref to the star tattoo on the neck] is tht they were labelmates and happened to be friends at the time [and cud still b today?] and got the tats together at the SAME TIME.
    ^ said in fairness [to the best of my ability]
    If I am incorrect, pls let me kno.

• Shanteé on 12.08.2009 at 8:20 pm:

@ Mr. Detail

I thought she [Rihanna] got the star tatts with Chris Brown last yr. They have matching ones.

I don’t know about them [Ri & Fe] being friends. Maybe. But, the only celeb friend I’ve seen Fefe with is Christina Milian.

• Mr. DETAIL on 12.08.2009 at 9:27 pm:

@ Shanteé
    see tris comment at
    They think it pretty much the same as I said. THIS was the first thing I found along those same lines. asaif, ri & fe wudn’t have much contact nemore??? I was talkin bout back in the day when they were both on Island Def Jam.
    Yes, I’ve seen the pics wit Fefe & Christina Milian…lol, I even mentioned tht I’m aware tht THEY r friends in a comment on CM’s MySpace.

• Mr. DETAIL on 12.08.2009 at 9:37 pm:

@ Shanteé
    cud b tht Fefe was the start of Ri’s Tattoo addiction? Ri just kept getting more & more. I wudn’t doubt tht she got more wit CB also.