Kandi Burruss Opens ‘TAGS’ Boutique in Atlanta | Fashionista101

Kandi Burruss Opens ‘TAGS’ Boutique in Atlanta

17 Comments

Housewives of Atlanta star, Kandi Burruss, has opened TAGS boutique in her hometown of Atlanta. The singer-songwriter whose ex-fiancé was tragically murdered a few weeks back, is of course still mourning his death, but is showing the world that she hasn’t lost it. She’s slowly getting back to work, and excited to have finally opened her boutique.

I also just recently opened my own online boutique, so to see that Kandi is doing the same is just amazing! I’d love to be where she is one day, opening the doors to my boutique’s physical location. Anywho, the pics of the store and it’s merchandise look great, and I especially love the view from the outside. I wish Kandi and her partner (who she’s photo’d with) much success and luck with this venture!

“I didn’t want it to hurt our friendship,” said Peaches Chin who met Burruss years ago when she owned several Atlanta boutiques. “It really weighed on me. I had to make sure we were on the same page.”

This week, Tags, is open for business in Smyrna’s West Village and not only are Burruss and Chin still friends, but the project has given Burruss a much needed diversion just weeks after the death of her former fiancé, A.J. Jewell. “I’m still in shock,” said Burruss, who has already received supportive letters from fans at the store (please, don’t send them there). “I like to keep busy with stuff like this.”

The concept for the store, they decided, would be “luxury for less” with most items under $100. Chin and Burruss source apparel and accessories for men and women at trade shows in Las Vegas and New York, paying more attention to price point than brand names.

Customers will find trendy items such as an ivory coat with elbow length sleeves by Love Stitch for $70. An eclectic mix of party and daytime dresses, including a bustier dress in an abstract print and a zippered bubble skirt mini dress, which average about $55 to $65. Acid wash and colored skinny jeans from Celebrity Pink are $59. Trendy T-shirts for men are about $25, and denim for guys is in the $130 range. There is also a broad selection of on trend jackets and button-down shirts for men.

[Source]

Around the Web

17 Comments on "Kandi Burruss Opens ‘TAGS’ Boutique in Atlanta"

• FREDNIE on 28.10.2009 at 11:01 pm:

Hi, Kandi. How are you doing girl? First I want to say I’m sorry for your loss and I feel your pain cuz I too had lost someone who was quite dear to me. She was my cousin and she was murdered by a jealous ex-boyfriend and business partner. I’m always keeping you and yours in my prayers and also I want to say thank you for adding flavor to the show. Now I can say that I don’t mind watching it. Anyway, I was wondering if the pants that the lady is wearing here online is also sold at the store cuz I simply love the style/print on it! I love fashion and I love it even more when no one else associated with me owns it! Hope to hear you soon. and again God Bless you and yours!

• janet darden on 28.10.2009 at 11:33 pm:

Kandi I applaude you and Peaches on your new endeavor. Kandi I have a inspirational card line,I wouldlove to send one to you. Where can I send a card to.

• Angela McNair on 28.10.2009 at 11:56 pm:

Kandi, I love your style. It’s edgey, cute, and I love it. I saw you on the MONIQUE Show and I love that song. Honey you are on fire and you looking good. I can’t wait for you to get Tags setup online so I can shop and try to look as fly as you. God Bless you and everything in life you persue.

• nastashia vernon on 29.10.2009 at 4:01 pm:

is there going to be a website for all the people that don’t live in the ATL so that we can have it to our access.

• gwen on 30.10.2009 at 10:23 pm:

Good to see that you are keeping it moving. Your strenghth is to be applauded. You give me the strenghth to go on and accomplished my dreams. I lost someone very dear to me and I literally grieved for 4 years. I finally turned my life around and got saved. I know you are appearing to be o.k. and it will be hard. Please get grounded in GOD and he will see you through. Good luck on your store and GOD bless you Kandi. You are a good woman, keep flying above the haters, and watch that dam KIM. PLEASEEEEE

• Marcia on 05.11.2009 at 10:47 am:

Hi Kandi!I have to say congrats on all your accomplishments.My question is do you have a website where I could buy your cloths,bags,jewelary,etc and names of any stores that carry your clothing line? I would really appreciate a respond. Thank You!Can you please email me back at your conveniences with an answer to my questions.THANK YOU!

• Marcia on 05.11.2009 at 10:51 am:

Hi Kandi I this is Marcia I forgot to had my email address gibbsm99@yahoo.com THANKS Again.

• Shanteé on 05.11.2009 at 10:52 am:

Hey Ladies. Kandi’s boutique does have a website, but it is currently under construction, so be certain to keep checking back.

• Deandra Murray on 09.11.2009 at 1:16 pm:

Kandi, I love your style and can’t wait to get to your boutique. I live in Atlanta and I have been a fan for yrs. You go girl!!!! God Bless You in everything you do.

• Lauren on 15.11.2009 at 6:09 pm:

Kandi,when is the website going to be up for your out of town shoppers? I love the clothes and especially the jewlery. Hopefully soon

• lachaunda on 02.12.2009 at 8:56 pm:

hi kandi sorri bout your lost an i need to order some clothes so get yo wedsite working gurl lol

• LyMia McArthur on 09.01.2010 at 12:17 am:

Im interested in maybe partning with yout boutique, two of my bestfriends. We live in South Carolina and we was thinking that a boutigue in Charleston SC or Columbia SC, both downtown areas; I love your style and your line of clothing, so if yo could or your assistant could email me to give me a little more info, or if this could further! Congrats and success in your business.

• Kimberly Jackson on 21.01.2010 at 8:24 pm:

Im always keeping you in Prayer.

• Tapeka Brown on 18.05.2010 at 5:42 pm:

kandi i thank God for you because you give use as single parents a good name ! all it takes is God and a loveing family ,and the rest is history. keep doing what you do girl friend! HOPE TO WORK WITH YOU SOON.

• Natasha Wills on 11.04.2011 at 11:21 am:

I visited Atlanta for the First time last year and I loved the fact that there’s so many independant artist with boutiques and loads of fashion .when I was there lots of ppl went crazy for my signature leather earrings. I hope to visit the store on my next trip.. also I would like to know if you sell handmade jewelry . I am a jewelry designer who wishes everyone should see my God given gifts , however sometimes it can be difficult for a single mom of 3 finding a sitter for fashion events .I can be reached @kaluaa on twitter or BBM 30b2782F

• Janet B. Eig on 20.05.2011 at 8:37 pm:

Please add me to your email list for updates, etc. I love Kandi. Thanks.

• Cece on 06.12.2011 at 7:52 pm:

where is your store located?